The most important element for effective compression is the massage pattern. NormaTec’s founder, Laura F. Jacobs, MD, PhD, a physician bioengineer, realized this fundamental principle when she developed and patented the Sequential PULSE Pneumatic Waveform. Unlike more simplistic compression patterns, NormaTec PULSE Technology is based on normal physiology, and it synergistically combines three distinctive massage techniques to speed the body’s normal recovery process: pulsing compression, gradients, and distal release.
Do not use NormaTec if you have any of the following conditions:
– Acute pulmonary edema
– Acute thrombophlebitis
– Acute congestive cardiac failure
– Acute infections
– Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
– Episodes of pulmonary embolism
– Wounds, lesions, infection, or tumors at or near the site of application
– Where increased venous and lymphatic return is undesirable
– Bone fractures or dislocations at or near the site of application
Ice is a vasoconstrictor; it constricts your vessels and decreases blood flow. While this is beneficial in the acute phase of an injury to reduce immediate inflammation, in the long run it actually impairs healing and recovery. Rather than ice, NormaTec Recovery Systems use our patented NormaTec Pulse Technology dynamic compression to increase circulation and blood flow.